Saturday, June 13, 2009

Fun Night Out

Picture this.
A 26 year old man, not shaved for 3 days. Wearing normal blue jeans and a black T-shirt and sneakers, goes out to a bar by himself. He gets to the crowded bar and just stands there by himself drinking a beer, everyone else is there with groups of people. His hair looks like he just got out of bed, and he looks like a mess.
That was me last night.
I was thinking of not even going out, but I figure just 1 drink.
I go to the bar and get a beer. The first thing that happens is the bartender gives me this huge elaborate glass, while everyone else is drinking small plastic cups, and he tells me I'm a VIP. (I have never even seen this guy before). So I'm like "cool thanks". Then a few minutes later some chick comes and approaches me. She starts talking about how she's armenian and eastern european and all this stuff, and I'm just trying to follow Brent's directions and say as little about myself as possible, I think I did a pretty good job. So a couple minutes later she says "Can I get your phone #?, I hope I'm not being too forward". So I gave her the number. A few seconds later I finish my drink while another hot girl is rubbing against me from behind when there's plenty of room and I say "well I'm heading out" And she goes on about how she's going to call me, I tell her to just send me a text. 
The wierd thing is though that I had more success just by standing there for 5 minutes than every other guy there who were all dressed in trendy clothes, had good, neat haircuts, were actually there with friends and girls and had social proof...
Energy is the most important thing!

No comments: